Monday, May 31, 2010

time is flyyyying!

It's already almost June! Wow, time flies. I've been working at TON lately - and it's had its challenges, but I'm okay with it overall. My life is mundane, but busy. I feel like I live at Newton Hills four days a week - because on those four days, I don't have time to do anything but be there it seems.

I had today off, and my family took our boat to Yankton for a spin on the lake. Good times. I even got a slight sunburn. It was so fun - there is something thrilling about cruising across a lake filled with waves (it was slightly windy and there were a lot of boats out there)...wind in your hair, sun on your face. Alive. It reminded me somewhat of riding a horse. I always felt very alive cantering a horse down a path. I miss that.

Real social interactions since May 8 = one. I went on a walk this past week, and it was good. I may have blogged about that earlier. Actually, I did, but indirectly. Anyway...I went on a walk with a childhood/current friend and it was so refreshing. Now she's gone all summer. Lol.

It's alright though. I'm keeping quite occupied, and the internet saves me from utter isolation. I'm coming to terms with the fact that I am now moving to Washington by myself, and attempting to constantly remind myself that God is in control and knows exactly what He's doing even when I'm completely in the dark. It's down to just a little over 3 months until I leave - since I don't know exact departure date things get a little fuzzy. My last day of work is about three months and one week away. In two months I'll be leaving for the Boundary Waters and done with T.O.D. Broken down like that it is scary.

Things I have been learning as of late:
I learned today to never ever assume things. I may think one thing is happening when that is actually completely false.
I learned yesterday to never ever underestimate God. He is powerful and uses me even when I'm not entirely planning to be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment