Tuesday, May 11, 2010

my not-so-mundane life

The more I write this blog, the more I realize how false the idea was that I was leading a mundane life. Yeah, I live in Hicktown, SD, with no social life and a job as a waitress at a boring truck stop in the middle of nowhere, but my life is very very colorful, and becomes more colorful with each passing day.

Twenty-four hours ago I was thinking that at this time today I would be in Wyoming or Montana, preparing to go find a two bedroom apartment in Bellingham. Now I am at home preparing to work a ton of shifts at T.O.D. (they are going to give me my hours back! :D) I have an entirely new list of apartments to consider, one bedrooms and studios, and am contemplating the possibility that I may very well be alone in Bellingham. My financial security is gone, and I feel as if I will be jumping off a very large cliff of faith in four months.

In addition, my life is anything but mundane, even here at home. I have a list of about eight billion things to do today, many of them directly related to my move across the country this fall. I got a passport photo taken today (with me having a very large zit in the middle of my chin, how attractive) so that I can visit Vancouver/British Columbia after I move. I am planning to call realtors today. I am planning to call WWU and find out about on-campus housing. My life is ever changing and anything but mundane.

Almost 24 hours ago now, I was freaking out, completely stressed and wondering what on earth was happening. Within hours, God came through, showing me His providence and faithfulness. He has His hand on my life, and He will continue to be faithful, even when I don't always see it right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment