Wednesday, May 5, 2010

no more wishful thinking

Sometimes it's hard to not long for that which I do not have. It's hard to accept that God has me where I am and how I am for a specific reason. It's so hard to simply live for today and let tomorrow happen as God has it.

I'm getting to an age where it is becoming more and more awkward to say that I'm still hopelessly single... sorry, relatives...no boyfriend for me. It's hard sometimes, I'm not gonna lie. It is getting easier as I get used to the idea of being single indefinitely, but there are still moments where I wish things were different. Friends pair off, and I find myself still flying solo. Hopelessly solo. However, I have realized lately the wisdom in this, and the opportunities I have as a single woman that I would not have if I were married with children. I have also realized that I need to be ok with today as it is, and not wish that today was different. Today is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. I should not worry about tomorrow, tomorrow has enough trouble of its own. If only I could learn to live wholly in today, not regretting yesterday or dreading tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment