Friday, May 7, 2010

It is ending. Tonight is the last night, tomorrow the last morning. I am so sad. It's making me intensely fatigued just thinking about it. Melancholy, sweet melancholy, in the words of my dear friend Rachel...although not really so sweet. More bitter than sweet. It's over. They're all leaving... I don't even know how to handle this knowledge. We won't be together like this again...the bonds that we have formed will be sorely tested, and this season of life is gone forever.

I have been changed by this place. I have gained so many new sisters and brothers, and I love them so much. I will miss this support system and this life so much. I truly made OC home and now I must leave...the challenge will be to give myself fully to the next place without wishing that I could have my college years back.

I must make it through tonight without dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment