Monday, May 3, 2010

the end is coming near

It's getting frighteningly real. In only four days it'll be over. I don't even know how to deal with that fact. I don't know how to deal with the fact that in four days this group of people will splinter and go our separate ways. I have a great summer planned - another 3.5 months at Newton Hills and a trip to the Boundary Waters in August with my church youth group. I am moving out west in September. Life is good...but it is soured by the sad truth that my best friends are going away in a few short days. Life is crazy. I'm numb, almost. Is it possible that I must lose them all?

Work today was good. I was actually thanked for all my hard work...which made me happy because it means that they like me. Hahahaha I need to stop being a people pleaser but it's just so fun!!! I didn't make anywhere near $90 today, but I wasn't expecting to. In fact it would have STUNK if I was able to make anywhere near that amount, because it would have meant insane busyness. Lunch was pretty insane today, though. For a while I thought I was going to fall hopelessly behind and tick off a bunch of people. Luckily I managed to avoid that.

Tonight has been pretty fun. We ordered pizza, went to Black V, I went to the music building to play piano for a while, a bunch of us went to the library (I brought my backpack and felt like an impostor), and soon we will be...er...going for a walk through town to look at tulips. It has been weird though because everyone and their mom is studying for finals, so I am sorta flying solo. That's okay, though. I am in much better spirits than I was two days ago, so it is easier to have down time.

No comments:

Post a Comment