Tuesday, June 1, 2010

weird.

Today has been a very strange day.

It started after not very many hours of sleep (I probably didn't fall asleep till almost 2 and had to be up at 5:15.) I found my way to work...a slow paced day.

Sometime around 8 a couple guys came in, one of whom claimed to be the mayor of Las Vegas. I didn't know whether or not to believe him - they didn't seem to be joking but it seemed a little bit ridiculous that the mayor of Las Vegas would be at T.O.D. (I googled a pic of the mayor when I got home and it turns out this guy was a fake after all. disappointment...no celebrity sighting for me! haha)

Around noon a massive thunderstorm rolled through...just as the storm hit there was a huge rush. (comparatively speaking, at least) Go figure.

I'm home now...so tired I could cry but not willing to ruin another night of sleep by taking a nap now.

I have been in a very weird mood today. Probably comes from the weird mood I was in last night and the fact that I got not enough sleep allowed it to carry over.

I have been feeling poetic today. I think that given some training, I'd probably love poetry.

I think what makes today so weird is that I'm so tired that I seriously feel as if I'm in a dream. I don't get that feeling very often anymore (it used to happen to me all the time when I was a kid) but I am definitely getting it today. I feel as if everything is slightly off and dream-like. I am having trouble keeping track of time and remembering that things that happened today did indeed happen today.

I love the fact that this blog post is entirely scatterbrained. It makes me laugh...and I'm not even going to bother fixing it. It's too much fun to fix.

I have Friday off. T.O.D. no longer has nearly as much need for me as they did even a week ago. Instead of having me work two days this coming work week (their work week goes from Thurs-Wed) I am only working one day (I requested a day off next week and they're not replacing it with another day). I am not too heartbroken about it - in fact, I'm quite excited. I'm going to have a day off that isn't a Sunday! Woot! :) I'm actually going to visit OC on Thursday night. I haven't been there in about three weeks so I'm pumped. It's time.

There's so much I should be doing right now. I should be cleaning, figuring out WWU stuff for this fall...making a copy of my medical records to send to them...something productive. But I'm so tired that all I want to do is sit here and do nothing. So do nothing I shall - after all, I have tomorrow afternoon and all day Friday to be productive! :D

Today I officially told T.O.D. in writing that my last day of work will be July 27. It was a wonderful moment. I wish I could quit before then...I am beginning to hate having to get up so early two days a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment