Saturday, June 19, 2010

frustrations

I find myself really frustrated with inconsiderate Christians. The type that are unafraid to tell you exactly how you are wrong in your handling of a situation, or the type that hold to brutal honesty at all costs. The greatest of the commandments is love, and yet you feel the need to say exactly what you're thinking with no regard for the way that such comments will make the hearer feel?

I am also disturbed by the Christians who seem to have no empathy for the lost. Instead of compassion toward those who sin as a result of the darkness that surrounds them, these Christians keep their distance, refusing to have anything to do with these sinners. After all, they might hear these people swear, or they might have to see them sin.

Some of us have always been saved...or at least it seems that way. We grew up in the church and know no other mindset. We have no comprehension of how it might be to be lost, because we have always viewed ourselves as "in." We have no understanding for even those Christians who did not grow up as Christians, and view their "worldly" ways as cause for judgment. This frustrates me. I see it in myself, and I see it in other Christians with whom I interact on a regular basis. We so easily forget that which Christ died to save us from, and forget that save the grace of God, we'd be headed for the same destination as the rest, religiousity and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment