Tuesday, June 22, 2010

waiting for august

It is weeks like this when I wonder why I am doing this to myself. Why I'm working myself to death, that is.

I suppose I'm not working all that much. Only 54 hours a week. It could be worse. However, adding driving times/required meal breaks to that makes the number 7 hours higher.

I just am starting to feel like I don't have a whole lot left to give. I come home at the end of a shift exhausted...ready to do absolutely nothing besides sit in my chair and relax. I have low levels of motivation to do anything that could be considered productive and even find myself somewhat resenting any sort of scheduled activity, even hanging out with my family, because it means a further loss of free time.

The last few days at T.O.D. have been draining to say the least. I am not feeling well, and yesterday was insanely busy and today was insanely slow, and so the lack of a happy medium is frustrating. The cook finally decided to show up on time this morning (woot woot!) but I kept finding him sitting in random chairs sleeping for the first 45 minutes that I was there. So he got little more done than he would have if he would have shown up at 6. I could write a book on the injustices of working as a server at a family restaurant, however, I'll resist, at least for this entry. :)

I can't wait for August. Oh sweet August! I love you already! Only four days a week of work! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment