Thursday, June 17, 2010

i love my family. :)

Alright. I have been wanting to blog all night and have finally settled on a very good topic. :)

I love my family. I'm sure this is a fairly common sentiment - usually people feel some sort of affection for the people they are related to. However, I really really really appreciate my family. Here's one reason why:

I'm moving thousands of miles away in under three months. My family has been nothing but excited for me ever since the first night I discovered Western Washington University and decided to apply. Never once have I been told it's too far away, or that I will be unable to succeed there. Although I know they love me deeply and will miss me, and I them, this does not stop them from whole-heartedly supporting my dreams. They're excited! And for this I love them dearly. (and for a wide variety of other reasons, not all of which are conditional).

I love that their love is deep enough to not be threatened by the prospect of thousands of miles separating us. I love that they believe in me and the path God has laid out for me. I love that even though at the moment I have no place to live and a very limited salary, they believe that I will find a way with God's help.

I love that they love me enough to let me go. And go I shall, held up by the loving optimism of a family who believes in me and the God I serve. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment