Monday, June 7, 2010

things on my mind

So I have found in the past that listing things on my mind is a wonderful way to blog. So I will do so.

1. Today was a horrible day at work (TOD).
a) I show up at 5:45 to find that there is no cook. After making several phone calls and managing to find the boss's home phone number in the Sioux Falls phone book, a cook finally arrived just in time for me to open the doors at 6 am.
b) It was so stinking busy all morning, until 11 am, when the other waitress got there. Then it died until 12:45, (of course I was off the floor by then) when it got insanely busy again. Go figure.
c) I ended up taking another table around 1:10 and they didn't tip me because they mistakenly thought the salt and pepper were in the wrong shakers. Looks like they never attended culinary school...or something... They were super upset too...I thought it was funny...until they neglected to leave me a tip.

2. I'm super tired. I didn't sleep very well last night - my body is used to going to bed after midnight so it throws me off a bit when I go to bed before 10 - I wake up periodically throughout the night.

3. I'm trying to figure out what in the crap my problem is. I am coming to grips with my probable insanity and am finding myself unequipped to deal with the questions that continually assail me. I want to curl up in a little ball and cry myself to sleep.
[I usually pride myself on the way I handle life. I usually am quite happy with my people skills, with my personality, and with my passionate approach to life. I usually am quite content with my tendency to think things through quickly - to logically look at a problem and come to a solution way more quickly than the average person. However, these qualities are also my worst enemy. They make me different, and not in a good way. They cause me incredible anxiety. I find myself leaps and bounds ahead of the game...it causes me to predict the future when I probably have no business doing so...because really, life is one big surprise after another.]

4. I love my Jesus. He is my rock and my salvation. He is holy and never changes. He knew my every fault, my every failure, my every sin, [see above] and He sent His Son to die for me. For ME. That blows my mind. I find myself wanting only to follow Him. To throw away everything that impedes this pursuit of my Love. As of late I have found myself even more eager to spend time with Him - to know more of this God who is soooo good. :) I find myself wanting to talk only of the things of God...because all else [even my passion for history or music] pales in comparison.

5. I have amazing friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment