Thursday, June 10, 2010

"peace be still, and know that I am God"

I spent the last couple days at Oahe Downstream for naturalist training. It wasn't as good as Fort Sisseton last year or Palisades the year before that, but it was still good. I love the opportunity to visit new parks and soak in the beauty that these parks have. And although most of my time there is consumed with training, there is some time to be still and reflect. That was certainly the case this time. When I wasn't at the workshops, I tried to be by myself (although a lot of that time was on the phone). It was so nice to have a change of scenery, a change of schedule, and a lack of Facebook to entertain me.

I became convinced of my absolute need to be still and wait on God. To leave all in His hands and trust Him. In all areas of life.

I also did some thinking on when to speak and when to be silent. No conclusions have been reached. However, it is interesting being in a secular setting, surrounded by situations and conversations I do not want to be a part of...and yet feeling the tension of wanting to keep doors of communication open. Is it really the case that we must blend in so much that one has to dig to our very core to find the difference? Where is the line between judgment and compassion? These are things I long to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment