Saturday, October 16, 2010

Today I saw an ad on craigslist for a girl that is seeking a Christian roommate, and I responded. So, we'll see where that leads. Most likely no where, although I must admit that having a roommate would take a significant amount of financial pressure off of me. And, I won't lie, having a friend would also be nice. At times it can get frustrating having no one in the area that I consider a close friend. I'm not complaining - my life is insanely wonderful right now and I love doing what I'm doing. And I don't mind living alone - it definitely has its advantages. However, paying $600 a month is not an advantage. At all.

I have concluded that late night/early morning is my most productive time - last night I got way more homework done between 10:30 pm and 2:30 am than I did in the entirety of the day prior to 10:30 pm. Oops.

Tonight I write my third grad school paper. It is on Max Weber's "The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism." Should be interesting. The book certainly is - he gives an "objective" look at the doctrine of predestination...which is something I ascribe to, and so it's interesting to read about it from a historical perspective and the ways it has worked itself out in society in the past. And it's also interesting to realize the ways that I don't measure up to his "ideal-type" of a Calvinist. That's probably good though...because I'm not sure if I like his ideal-type.

No comments:

Post a Comment