Monday, October 11, 2010

life as of late

Life is good, as it always is here in the West. I feel as if I got very little accomplished in the way of homework this weekend in comparison to the amount of time I devoted to getting homework done, but at the end of the day, that's fine with me. My weekend was wonderful.

Church yesterday was great - I found out some information on the piano front. The church doesn't own a keyboard, but when the pastor's wife found out I played piano and have a passion for worship-leading, she immediately became very excited - it turns out they're looking for a worship leader for a women's retreat in May. Within a space of about five minutes several members of the congregation came up to us and told us they have spare keyboards they don't use. So, I am not sure what will happen with that, but it was an interesting conversation nonetheless - especially because the conversation all started when I was asked about my hobbies and mentioned the piano.

The weather yesterday was beautiful. This was significant because I thought it was going to rain all day (according to weather.com) but it never rained at all. Each sunny day here is such a gift. It's actually one of my favorite parts of living out here - nice weather is a gift rather than a given.

No comments:

Post a Comment