Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sabbath

I finished all my homework last night in order to take today off. It's wonderful. I love homework, and I love grad school, but it's really nice to have a day of rest from it all.

Last night I wrote my first grad school paper. And it wasn't even really a history paper, but rather a paper that compared McDonalds to Marxian economics. It is a weird experience writing a paper at my apartment by myself with no internet to distract me (whenever I wrote papers in college I'd do it over a time span of a few days at least and would be constantly distracted by facebook). This time I sat down at the computer at 8:15pm to start writing and was done (editing and all) by 12:30 am. It was a good feeling, although I confess I was feeling entirely insane by the time I was done - talking to myself and the whole bit! :)

This morning I went back to North Shore again (I've chosen it as my church) and it was great. The music was good, the sermon was good, and the people are so welcoming and wonderful! I met some more people, ate some delicious cake after the service, and then was invited to go to IHOP with a family from the church. That was really fun - it was nice to have the chance to talk to them, to learn about the church and the area, to learn their family's story, and to feel like I actually know some people there. They have two kids who are in high school (the boy's a sophomore and the girl's a freshman) and it was a ton of fun.

I'm excited to start small groups this Wednesday. I'm excited for what God is doing in this church and am excited to get to know more of the people so I am more than just the new girl that everyone wants to meet. :)

Today I am going to explore Bellingham (as soon as I get off the computer, that is. :) ) I am planning to head down to the bay and explore Boulevard Park. It's not clear and sunny today like it has been the last few days, but it's not raining, and I intend to take full advantage of this Sabbath day. :)

God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment