Thursday, October 7, 2010

independence

I'm constantly surprising myself with my new-found identity as a single independent woman.

1) I clean. The other night I swept the floors, scrubbed them where necessary, scrubbed other things. I don't have massive piles of clothes in every corner of my bedroom. It seems that responsibility has made me a new woman.

2) I cook. I made tacos yesterday. Score. Ok, so this requires no skill. But still. :)

3) I bake. I MADE COOKIES! For those of you who know me well, I don't even like cookies (well, I eat them, but I don't choose to make them, and I don't usually seek them out or crave them). And I haven't made cookies since childhood. I'm surprised, but they turned out quite well if you ask me. Not burnt, not dry, just pure deliciousness. :)

4) I quite enjoy living by myself, and might be slightly bummed if I ever am required to get a roommate.

All of this lends itself to the conclusion that I am much more...domestic...than I ever imagined myself being. And not only that, but I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment