Tuesday, October 12, 2010

immediate, complete, and unforgettable restoration

I came out here for a new start, and I found it. As time went on, though, I realized more and more that in some ways, a new start is only illusory. One can't run and hide from emotions - they may be more easily suppressed in a new place, but never entirely forgotten.
~~~
I stopped asking God for reconciliation just under a year ago. I thought the chance had passed me by, and instead started praying that I'd somehow be able to overcome the scars and live a relatively happy life in spite of the cloud that I was becoming convinced may never entirely leave me.
~~~
God's timing is never mine. In this new place, surrounded by an entirely new set of life's complexities, I was offered a chance to step back into the past. This weekend, God answered the prayer that I stopped praying so long ago.
~~~
With it finally all entirely in the past, I can for the first time say with all honesty that the cloud is gone. I no longer walk wounded, and I no longer fear that I will never be okay again. The change was immediate, is complete, and will be something I never forget.
~~~
God is good. He answers the prayers of us who have messed it up so badly that there seems to be no hope. He offers us the opportunity for reconciliation with one another just as He offers us reconciliation with His Father through His sacrifice on the cross.
~~~
Immediate, complete, and unforgettable restoration.
~~~
Romans 8:1-2, 31-32
"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death....What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?"
~~~
Genesis 9:14-16
"Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment