Thursday, October 14, 2010

Things are changing so rapidly. I find myself confronting lies which have become intrinsic to the core of how I define myself, and am becoming more and more convinced that the entire structure of this world is fundamentally flawed.

Last night in the course of my small group's discussion of 1 John 1, I found connections being made that leave me wondering if perhaps my struggle against doubt in college was not due to a basic false teaching that leaves Christians without a basis for absolute truth as revealed in the Bible. What if dialectic is flawed? What if two people with alternative viewpoints sitting down and coming to some sort of consensus is the biggest reason that our culture is going astray? If truth is no longer found in the teachings of the Bible, but rather in the average of two opposing viewpoints, what is left?

What if the lack of "legitimate" Christian apologetics that can answer the demands of atheism is due to the fact that any attempt to answer the rational questions posed by atheist philosophers would use the same framework and thus render Christianity powerless?

I apologize - this probably makes little sense. I just felt compelled to write down some thoughts so I will have something concrete to come back to in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Marilee,

    What you said totally makes sense to me. It's the thougths that have been going through my head, except you have a wider vocabulary.

    However, I do not know what the solution would be....

    Meg

    ReplyDelete