Friday, September 10, 2010

finally here

Well, I'm here. Moved in, furniture mostly purchased, food in the cupboards. The boxes are unpacked, things are mostly organized. I have mostly familiarized myself with the city, and I even have Washington plates on the car that has officially been transferred to my name. :)

It's frankly quite overwhelming. I wouldn't say that I'm afraid of a whole lot as far as operating here goes. I know how to find out what i need to know to survive. I do have the sense that I am being stranded here though. When my parents leave on Monday I still will have met no one from here.

It's also quite the wake-up call to realize I'm the one paying the bills now. A job will be essential next summer, and it is so stinking important that I make wise choices in the money that I spend.

It's beautiful here. It's crazy busy, traffic is insane, there are homeless people everywhere. But people are so friendly, and I love their enthusiasm for life. Even fast food workers and Walmart greeters go out of their way to make sure that everyone knows that life is good. I like it...I like it a lot. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment