Thursday, September 2, 2010

dreams

I've been having very bizarre & distinct dreams lately - dreams that I actually remember. That's odd for me.

Last night I dreamed that I was visiting Rachel in Chicago, going through Des Moines like I did a few weeks ago. The first scene I remember was in Des Moines at Tim's house. In my dream I only had an hour and a half before I needed to be on my way to Rachel's. We decided to watch a movie, and the movie turned out to be three hours long. I was really enjoying the movie, but halfway through I realized that I needed to go. So I left. At some point, a friend from high school showed up and hitched a ride to Chicago with me. We got there, although only after some torturous city driving in which I would take wrong exits/get horribly lost.

At some point, the dream transitioned from a somewhat strange replay of my trip a few weeks ago to Des Moines/Chicago to me walking along a country road, lined with corpses. I remember wondering how they had died, and wanting to leave as soon as possible, when all the sudden I was attacked by two young boys. They started clawing apart my legs, to the point where I became aware that I, too, would soon be a corpse along the road. This knowledge jolted me awake, and I realized I'd slept a half hour past my alarm. Creepy, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment