Tuesday, March 2, 2010

work is beautiful

So, it seems as if my work schedule is finally starting to pick up a little bit.

I have been getting a lot of subbing calls lately. Unfortunately, I've had to turn them all down, which really stinks. But, I talked to the restaurant today about it, and it's possible that she will be able to change my schedule so that I work nights more than days. So, we'll see. But even if I don't sub another day this semester, it's all good: my hours are starting to really increase at the restaurant. I went from two days in one week to three, to four, and now this next week I'm working five days. In two months I'll start in at Newton Hills - I'll be working full time there plus a couple shifts a week at the restaurant. That'll mean 50 hour weeks, but it's not as if I have a ton of other things to do with my life. At least it'll make time pass quickly.

I'm ready to move away, to experience something new, to be on my own again. The cheap aspect is nice, but it's worth the cost I think to be independent.

I'm going to be purchasing a wireless router soon. That will be nice - I like my laptop but I can't really use it for anything currently. It'd be nice to have skype (!!! :D) and the full use of my laptop. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment