Saturday, March 13, 2010

Yesterday I received an email from Western Illinois University. I'm accepted. I don't know anything more about it - I'm waiting for an official letter in the mail.

I've been working at ton at T.O.D. lately. Ok, not exactly a ton. But enough. I've been working 5 days a week, averaging at least 5 hours a shift, equaling around 25 hours a week. I have a bunch of daycare hours lined up for the next two weeks, so it should be a pretty busy couple of weeks. :)

I've been thinking a lot lately. Reflecting on my life - my experiences so far and what I should do as a result of those experiences. I've been realizing the pride that hinders me from loving and serving others as God calls me to. It can be really hard for me to let go of my pride - whether it's feeling superior over my coworkers who lack a college education or whether it's refusing to accept the blame that is due me for things that have happened in the past. But it's so necessary - in order for me to be able to love my coworkers I need to live humbly. In order for me to forgive myself, I need to first recognize and accept guilt.

I have also been reading more lately. I have missed it. No matter how busy this summer gets, I really need to make a concerted effort to keep reading. Otherwise grad school might be a rude awakening.

No comments:

Post a Comment