Tuesday, April 6, 2010

good night

Last night was a good night.

I went to OC in the early afternoon and hung out by myself for a long time, which was kinda fun. I played piano in the chapel, read a book in the library, and facebook stalked in the apartment. Everyone started getting back to campus around 6-7ish, so that's when the party began. :)

We had a feast.

Then we played Risk. That game had an unexpected result - I have decided that I no longer like playing the actual board game of Risk. Playing an insane amount of online Risk has not lessened my love of the game, but it has given me a decreased need to win each and every game. I have learned to understand that some games just don't work out. I'm actually quite unemotional about the whole thing. But that has only come with playing a lot. Tension came when others didn't understand my new-found apathy. Plus, it was mission risk, so my entire playing strategy had to be thrown out the window...haha...

Rachel and I went on a walk. That was good. I like walks.

Then we came back and hung out with Carrie and Brett until about 2, at which time I was about ready to pass out from exhaustion. I slept in Sarah's bed, then woke up and was about to start getting ready, when I got a phone call saying my afternoon subbing job was canceled. So I am now home hanging out and preparing to re-start learning German. I'm not upset about the failed subbing opportunity at all - I am enjoying the fact that I have had two days off in a row (what?!?!).

I have been thinking some more about hope. The worst feeling in the world is knowing someone will most likely never change, no matter what you do. That, I believe, is the closest to hopelessness that one can get. Of course, there's the chance that they may change, but the odds are piled high against that change. That breaks my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment