Thursday, February 11, 2010

surrender of each moment

So my mundane life is starting to get to me a bit. I like my job...I like my life. But it is far from fulfilling. And, I realize this is only short term - only mandatory until summer, and then after the summer I'll be following God to the next thing...but it's really hard to feel a lack of passion. I miss learning. I miss history. I miss being a nerd. So, it's hard to surrender this to God every moment. I want to worry, I want to speculate on my chances...but I can't...to do so would be to sin against God.

Today I slept in way too late. Woke up and wasted some time on the internet, ate lunch, left for town to run some errands before my afternoon subbing at the daycare. The daycare was absolute madness today. I realized how hard it sometimes is for me to take care of young children - because I want so badly for them to listen, and when 2 year olds decide they aren't going to listen, there's little or nothing you can do to make them listen. It wasn't that they were overly naughty - they were just LOUD. And the fellowship hall where they play echoes so badly...I wanted to just tear my hair out by the end of the afternoon and I was only there for 3.5 hours. I work 9 hours tomorrow. Woe is me.

Tonight was the Survivor premiere...I watched that. Good stuff.

I got called and asked to work at the restaurant on Sunday this afternoon...so I will be going to OC tomorrow night instead of Saturday/Sunday. Sad day, but it's alright, because it means an extra shift, and money's always good. I'm sure I'll appreciate it in about 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment