Friday, February 26, 2010

I worked today: 11-4. It was a very good time. I didn't make a ton of money in tips, but it was a fun day. I really love waitressing on days like today. Days when it's just me for most of the time, days when it's not too slow, but not too busy.

One of the coffee guys was gone this week, and no one really knew why. He finally came back today, and it turns out he had fallen and kinda messed up his neck/back or something. He'll be fine. It's crazy, though, how quickly things could change. Especially with him being in his 70s or 80s at this point. It was a good day for the coffee "gang." There were about 7 or 8 of them there today, and the laughter rang throughout the little cafe. It was good stuff. :) I laughed a few times myself.

I work 5 days next week. Most likely that is - I don't for sure know my schedule past Wednesday. I did pick up an extra day, though - Wednesday. And, I'm subbing at the daycare on Monday. That means that the only way that I will be able to sub at the school next week is if they want me to sub on Thursday.

I actually got called this morning to sub. I had my phone on silent because I knew I'd have to turn it down, but it was somewhat frustrating. If only I would have gotten subbing calls all those weeks in January and early February when I didn't have other employment.

Oh well.

I've been struck lately by how I'm not a very good person. At all. I'm kind of a jerk. I have so much pride and can be so so so full of myself. This needs to change.

Well, I only slept 4 hours at the most last night, so it's time for me to go to bed. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment