Friday, September 2, 2011

slightly less than mundane

I have had an interesting week.

I've started moving into my new living quarters. I've discovered through this process how much stuff I have...and that fact needs to change by next summer so that I can attempt to get it all in one car to move it to wherever I go... I will probably discard a lot of my dishes, sell a bunch of my books online (especially obscure ones for classes that I didn't even care about at the time), and get rid of all the other random free stuff that I've picked up over the years and just kept because I was too afraid to get rid of it. It should be interesting to get everything into my new room without it looking like a miniature version of "The Hoarders." While it would be nice to not have to buy new kitchen stuff next year, I also know that what I have right now cost me next to nothing, and I should be able to repeat that process at a Goodwill at the next town I move to. No big deal. I hate stuff. I hate that it ties me down. I hate, hate, hate it.

I have been working days at my job (the job that I quit today, or at least gave my two weeks notice of quitting). I've been going to bed at 11 and getting up at 6:30.... the normal-ness of it has been refreshing. Of course I didn't sleep exceptionally well the first few nights. I kept thinking I was just napping.

I have done absolutely nothing productive (besides moving stuff) in the last week. I have been locked out of my office building during the hours I'm on campus - it is the inter-session time so no one is ever here and they keep the buildings locked a lot more. The problem was that I had all of my thesis stuff in my office, so I was quite irate. For whatever reason the building was open this evening when I came here, so I will be able to bring a book home and hopefully start and finish one more book before school starts back up. If I do so, I will have managed to read 6 books this summer for my thesis. Not bad, I suppose...especially considering I haven't read a word over the past few weeks. I did have a chance to finish the book When Women were Priests, though, so that was good. Nothing more to really say on that topic. A lot of the second half of the book was pretty repetitive.

I signed a ten month lease.... ten months from now I might be leaving this town. That's crazy to think about since I've already been here for twelve months. So much needs to happen before then...

No comments:

Post a Comment