Sunday, September 4, 2011

ode to Cambridge Square

363 days ago I left for the West.

Today some friends (to whom I am forever indebted :)) helped me move my furniture to my home for the next (at least) 10 months. I will not sleep in my apartment ever again.

It's kinda crazy to think about that. Even with all of its flaws (and there were many), it was home for the last year.

Things I will miss:
1) no internet (seriously...it was good for me in more than one way)
2) biking or walking to campus for internet at midnight (sounds crazy, but it's become second nature in the last year)
3) my door handle that doesn't work so I could just push my door open if it wasn't locked. (it came in handy, let me tell you)
4) the pop machine in the parking lot
5) the free furniture for grabs by the dumpster
6) the chance to be entirely alone whenever I wanted (both a blessing and a curse)

That's about it. It was a pretty terrible apartment objectively speaking, and with my terrible furniture and making no attempt to decorate, it was nothing to write home about.

But it was home. So here's to my first "real" apartment, and the memories I will carry with me forever of crazy budgeting, quiet evenings with a stack of DVDs from Western's library, and countless Totino's frozen pizzas (with liberal amounts of ranch for dipping).

No comments:

Post a Comment