Thursday, September 22, 2011

life update

Well, it's been a while since I've posted a "mundane" blog entry. And I miss it, simply for its lack of controversy. So here we go.

School started yesterday. It's shaping up to be a delightful quarter. I'm TAing for two profs - one who is the new Modern Germany professor (:D) and one who is the prof I took a Canadian history seminar from last fall. I am really excited about the Modern Germany prof for obvious reasons (although the class I'm helping him with is just a general European history from 1713-present class), but I'm also really excited to get another chance to learn Canadian history. And she's SUCH a nice person. I think I will really enjoy working with her. I will also be helping with discussion groups in that class... dun dun dun...

I have moved and now live with people. It's different, but nice. I live way further from campus, which is weird, but I live close to the bus line so it's no big deal.

I've been sick for the past few days. But I woke up this morning and I am pretty sure the cold is on its way out! So I'm super excited about that. I have been medicating (with ibuprofen, dayquil, and Advil cold and sinus) heavily hoping to make it go away, and my theory about "symptoms only" medications working to take away a cold has once again been proved. I remember in high school and early college when I refused medication out of the idea that it wouldn't really help anything anyway. Not only was I miserable, but I was miserable for weeks or even months at a time. I remember one cold lasting from July to October because it turned into a sinus infection which I didn't treat and it just fed on itself for FOREVER. If I treat symptoms, it can't feed on itself, and I get better much more quickly. Which I'm all for. :)

I'm done at Walmart. Sad day. Sort of. They told me they'd be happy to take me back, though. So maybe I'll go back some day. lol...that's so sad. But, if I could stick around for long enough, it would *start* to be relatively well-paying. They do give decent yearly raises, and if I got into management it would also be more financially feasible. So if not ph-d...maybe retail. D: Not thrilled about that statement. Not thrilled at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment