Sunday, January 2, 2011

surreal

Coming back to Bellingham was surreal in many ways. It probably didn't help that I'd been up all night coming back. My plane left Sioux Falls at 5:05 am, so I just stayed up all night, catching a few hours of sleep on the plane and bus. It was surreal driving from the bus stop to my apartment - it was very similar, actually, to my arrival in SD a few weeks ago. It's crazy how a couple hours on a plane can change so much. I think it was harder to make the quick adjustment from SD to WA than it was the other way around. It was weird to go from an environment where I was constantly surrounded by people to an environment where I live entirely alone. I wasn't away for that long, really, but in many ways it seems like I was gone forever.

My water heater is broken. Go figure. It's a holiday weekend, so I'm anxiously waiting for tomorrow when hopefully it'll get fixed. I'm sick of no hot water and mopping up water from the base of the water heater. Especially because towels don't dry on their own here.

No comments:

Post a Comment