Tuesday, October 23, 2012

when i'm stuck with a day that's gray and lonely

Some days there's nothing left to do but laugh and be thankful that tomorrow's a new day.

Today was one of those days.

It stunk.  In probably every way possible, except that nothing went wrong, exactly.  It was just...terrible.

By the end of the day, I was drained - exhausted both physically and emotionally.  I was sick of the fake smile, sick of my lack of appetite, sick of feeling sad.  I got home, called a friend, and as I recounted the day to her, all I could think was how ridiculously great it'd be as a movie, and how ridiculously ironic some of its moments were.  I laughed, a lot.  And then yawned.

I'm tired thinking about today, and I'm tired thinking about the future, knowing that it many ways it'll only remain difficult.  I am thankful, though, that each day is a new day.  I'm thankful for the song "Tomorrow" from Annie.  I'm thankful for pita bread and hummus.  I'm thankful for a barrier island just off the Atlantic Coast that affords me the daily opportunity to leave my cares behind.  And I'm thankful for amazing friends who care so much about me and lift me up in prayer.  It's only because I trust my God is a big God and because I know people who love me are praying that I persevere, thankful for the place God has put me.

No comments:

Post a Comment