Saturday, October 27, 2012

surrender

I've been realizing how difficult it is to surrender.  How hopelessly impossible it is to give my life and everything that comes along with it to God.  Tonight all I could pray is that God would be so merciful as to teach me to surrender.  Surrender is painful, unpleasant, undesirable.  Surrender involves giving up my desires that God would have his way in my life.  Although I can easily admit I want God's way for me, it's harder to take the difficult steps to put that in motion, particularly when my emotions aren't catching up with me.

So tonight my prayer is simple:

God, forgive me.  Teach me to surrender.  Have your way in my heart and in my life.  I love You more than life, teach me to put those words into action, no matter how difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment