Saturday, October 15, 2011

always and forever

I've been realizing something more and more with each passing day.

The day I leave the Pacific Northwest will be a very sad day.  I hope that day never comes.

I love it here, in a way that I've never loved a place before.  I've loved places for the people, I have loved places for the memories.

This time I love my new home for the people, I love my new home for the memories, and, perhaps most strangely, I love my new home for the place itself.  I love the water, the mountains, the weather.  I love the rain, I love the cool summers and mild winters.  I love the salt water bays and the beauty of the mountain lakes.  I love it all.

Moving back to the midwest or elsewhere next summer, although good in some ways, would also break my heart...

This place will always and forever have a piece of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment