Tuesday, May 24, 2011

spring has come

Bellingham is so beautiful in the spring. All winter people told me that the summers make it worth it, that the summers are why people live here. And I didn't really get it. I didn't mind the winter all that much, and all summer means is warmer temperatures, right? Wrong. It is breathtakingly beautiful. Every time I go on a walk anywhere with a view of the bay I am struck again by the beauty of this place.

God is so good. I love the way he works and the ways that he has provided for me and shown me His love since I've moved here. I love this opportunity to grow and change, to see "the world" and to meet a whole bunch of amazing people. I am starting to realize that I'm very likely almost halfway through my time here...that very soon I will once again be tearing up my roots and moving some place new. That breaks my heart...I love these people and this place. It's so beautiful...breathtakingly, heartstealingly so... and I find myself almost wishing that somehow it could work out so I could stay.... of course that would mean no phd...

No comments:

Post a Comment