Thursday, April 21, 2011

not a post about my busy life

I have decided that I don't want to go grocery shopping until May. It's currently April 21 and I have not been grocery shopping since March 25th ish. Before you start thinking I'm starving, I'm not. However, this decision may prove to have an interesting effect on my eating habits.

Like today for example. I have all but run out of things to pack for lunches (unless I want to make my asian helper stuff, which I've been too busy to make), so today's lunch is the most pathetic combination of cereal, marshmellows, and peanuts that you've ever seen. A not very yummy trail mix, if you ask me. (no raisins or chocolate :( )

Yesterday I ate like a queen though. I made a patty melt (unfortunately I won't be able to make many more of those for several reasons...first, that's really unhealthy, second, I only have one slice of cheese left. Third, I'd run out of hamburger really quickly). I must say, though, using ground beef to make hamburgers instead of those premade ones you can get at grocery stores was a good plan. It was the moistest, thickest burger you've ever seen. And I sauteed some onions and grilled some bread and melted some cheese and it was out of this world. Ugh, I need to stop talking about that patty melt - my trail mix doesn't quite measure up.

I used the last of my milk yesterday. I may have to cave and buy a gallon of milk - a lot of the stuff I have left requires milk (like my hamburger helper). Then again, it may be a fun challenge not to. And, with Easter coming up I'll have a day where I don't deplete my dwindling groceries.

Here's what I do have:
  • a loaf of bread, and two slices remaining of a second loaf
  • 6 eggs
  • one slice of cheese
  • a couple potatoes (although they're super old and might not be good anymore - I haven't looked at them for almost a month)
  • some onions
  • a tiny bit of salsa
  • a bag of tortilla chips
  • a few bags of spaghetti noodles
  • 1.5 jars of alfredo sauce
  • one huge jar of spaghetti sauce and half of a smaller one
  • like 13 cans of tuna (I kid you not-it was on sale)
  • some frozen french fries
  • a few canisters of oatmeal (although I don't know how I feel about making oatmeal with water)
  • maybe 2 servings of frozen peas
  • can of corn
  • can of mixed veggies
  • like 3 cans of random beans that i'd never eat by themselves
  • a bunch of white rice
  • peanut butter (1.25 jars)
  • a tiny bit of jelly
  • bisquick (but kinda pointless because I ran out of syrup a few days ago)
  • cherrios and some other kind of cereal
  • a few boxes of hamburger/tuna helper and a few boxes of asian helper
  • a couple tortillas and a box of hard taco shells (haha, little good that'll do me)
  • hot chocolate to feed an army
  • tea to feed an army
  • coffee to feed an army
See? I won't starve, I promise. Although my current inventory is not exactly thrilling.

I'm looking forward to May.

No comments:

Post a Comment