Saturday, April 9, 2011

"I need a voice bigger than mine..."

What does it mean to love? What does it mean to fulfill the Great Commission? What is humility? What is grace? What is purity? These are the questions I am wrestling with as I muddle my way through this thing called life. It can be exhausting sometimes to be the only one, to feel silenced by a power structure in which the tables are turned and I'm at the bottom. It's hard to live in a world where I'm not understood, and where my ideas about the way the world works are not understood or welcomed.

And yet, Christianity's not supposed to be about power. It's not supposed to be about me, and it's not supposed to be about being right. It's not about politics, and it's certainly not about deception. True Christianity is offering myself up for the One who offered Himself for me. May I learn more each day to die to myself, because only there will I find true life.

No comments:

Post a Comment