Thursday, March 24, 2011

Job Hunting Day #1-3

Just so I can assuage my guilty conscience a little over accomplishing little or nothing over spring break, I thought I'd blog on the one thing I have been attempting to accomplish: finding a summer job. Today was the first official day that I devoted to the search, unless you count yesterday, or a random day a few weeks ago. So really it's the third day.

A few weeks ago I sent my resume to a student painting company. Kinda sketchy, no response thus far.

Yesterday I sent my resume to another student painting company. So if I don't get a painting job, it's not for lack of applying. I also came across an advertisement for being a host at a local restaurant. I have to go to the restaurant tomorrow and introduce myself. I'm terrified. Haha.

Today I worked on filling out an application for a local state park. That was a marathon and a half - they don't ask for a resume, but they do ask for my four most recent jobs as well as a detailed description of my duties at each. So I hand-wrote my resume, pretty much.

On the list for tomorrow: continue watching craigslist for any new postings, show up at that restaurant and try to act super extroverted, and send in my state park application.

I've pretty much decided to take the internet/craigslist/keeping a general ear to the ground route until May, and if I haven't found anything by then, I'll go from door to door picking up applications (there's a McDonalds down the street, haha).

I'm so excited for that day not so far in the future when I don't have to apply for stupid summer jobs anymore - when I can just have a job as a professor and call it good. I'm getting sick of this whole work-my-tail-off-for-$8/hr thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment