Thursday, December 30, 2010

home to home

I have a conflict of homes. Tomorrow morning I leave home to fly home. Confusing, eh? At the moment, this feels much more like home than that ever has. At the same time, though, I remember the first few hours and even days of being back here as being insanely disconcerting. I remember feeling as if I had never left, and as if I had lived an entire lifetime somewhere else all at the same time.

I'm hoping the weather holds out - my sense of perfectionism is really liking the idea of being back in Bellingham to welcome in the new year. Even if I just sleep through it. I have the flight tomorrow to make up my list of resolutions, and it'd be nice to have a clean start on January 1st in my other home. If all goes well, by 12:30 pm tomorrow (PST) I'll be home. That's just a little over 15 hours from now. Of course, that's not accounting for the two hours that I will be gaining. But it's crazy nonetheless.

I'm planning to pull my first legit over-nighter tonight. I won't be going to bed until at *least* 1:00 pm tomorrow, and, depending on what I decide to do for New Years, I may end up just taking a short nap in the afternoon and then commencing New Years celebrations. :)

It could be a very long time until I find myself back in South Dakota again. So, I'm soaking up the last few hours of dark cold blizzard.

No comments:

Post a Comment