Friday, December 3, 2010

bizzare

Last night I went to the mysterious small group. It turns out it was a group from that church I attended a few times. There were four girls (including me) there. It was an interesting experience, one that, at the time, I wasn't sure how I felt about. As it concluded, though, I found myself volunteering to have it at my apartment in the future. It was one of those strange moments where I found myself committing to something that I didn't completely understand.

It was definitely a moment where I realized just how much the fact that I am a college graduate makes me radically different in some ways from people that are only a few years younger than me. I also realized how much some of my life experiences have radically changed me - I saw a younger version of myself in the girl that was leading the group (she was 18) and I simultaneously wished for those days back and realized that I would never, ever want to go back. Academia has changed me...

No comments:

Post a Comment