Saturday, January 12, 2013

It is Well

There are so many things I could say about this behemoth of a day.  It was a trip through a lot of very strong emotions, that's for sure.  But there is one thing I will say about it, or rather, about the One who graciously gave me today:

God is good.

I think sometimes those words can be used flippantly, by rote, without thinking.  But tonight, after struggling through a whole slough of heartache and sin in my life, I arrived at one undeniable conclusion.

God is a faithful God who is working in me even when it hurts, even when I feel abandoned, even when I want my life to be so much different than what it is, even when I mess up.  

God is good.

And I am so thankful.

May I learn to follow Him.  May I learn to trust that His way is best.  May I seek Him first in all things.  May I decrease that He might increase.

No comments:

Post a Comment