Saturday, November 24, 2012

a prayer

Heavenly Father,

How quickly I stray.  How quickly I become distracted, apathetic, and lazy.  How quickly I begin once more to lean on my own strength rather than looking to You.  How quickly I let my circumstances dictate my faith.

I'm sorry.

Today I pursue You, tomorrow I am as a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.  Today I live in eager expectation that Your way is best, tomorrow I doubt that You have the best for me.

I've struggled with this my whole life.  Living on emotion.  Dying on emotion.  Trusting you at the high points and the low points, but never during the transitions.  When I moved to Washington, I left my emotional faith largely behind.  And now it's back.  I pray, though, that You will teach me the balance.  I want to love you with my heart AND my feet.  With my emotions AND my actions.

So here I am.  My life is Yours, my heart is Yours, my hands are Yours, my feet are Yours.

May I be wholly Yours.

Marilee

No comments:

Post a Comment