Friday, December 30, 2011

a letter

Ya know, you would think I would have learned this lesson long ago.  And I did.  There have been so many situations where I realized just how limited my influence really is, where I realized that I have so very little power to change someone.  I can never make decisions for you.  I can't force you to do anything.

And that breaks my heart.

But to be honest, many times I waver between sorrow and anger.  Sometimes you make me want to tear my hair out with frustration.  I told you how it needed to be, and you didn't listen.  You ran the other way.  You needed to learn the hard way, I suppose, but that doesn't make it any easier.  I want to be able to relate to you, but your way of looking at life is so twisted, so far removed from my own.  This drives a huge wedge into all attempts to forge communication or friendship.  I find myself unable to reason with you because we don't see things the same at all.  You see life through your pain, through your sin.  If you could only see things from my perspective, perhaps you'd understand how much easier life could be if you'd only open yourself to change.

And, eventually our bond dies.  You run the other way.  I stand here, powerless.  Crying tears of sadness and rage.

No comments:

Post a Comment