Wednesday, January 4, 2012

new year and new beginnings

It is a new year, and tonight I will be doing something new - attending a Gospel Community.

Small groups at the church I currently attend were cancelled, which was a huge bummer for me, as small groups were one of my favorite parts of that church, but this was a perfect opportunity for me to try something new.

And I am super pumped.  A church in town that I attended off and on last year has a version of small groups that they call gospel communities.  They meet once a week for fellowship, and this includes a wide variety of things - social events, prayer, Bible study, and outreach.  I think that's what makes me the most excited about getting involved with them - these small groups actually go out into the community.

I will hopefully be able to start tonight, assuming that the leader has time to get in contact with me before then to let me know exactly where they meet.

Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment