Thursday, December 22, 2011

all is well

I had this "all is well" moment today, and it was a moment I'll treasure forever.

The moments of absolute peace, the moments when fears are quelled, when the storm clears, and for the first time in so long I see the sun's light.  The sun unobstructed by clouds.  Bright, clear redemption.  Reconciliation.  In that moment, I found hope again.  True hope unhindered by shame.  Unhindered by fear.  Just hope.  Hope of an even brighter tomorrow clear of anger or grudges.  Freedom.

The funny part about this moment is that although it was specific for me, I don't think I was the only one who felt it - the peace that comes through unconditional friendship and acceptance.

Today I found my release.  And I wasn't alone.  The tension of life and hard decisions evaporated in the bright rays of an afternoon together with the people who came to be my second family not that long ago.  Who will forever be my family.

I am so thankful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment