Monday, June 6, 2011

summer in paradise

Tonight as I was walking across campus, with the wind gently blowing, I realized that it was one of the first times that I have truly enjoyed wind. It was the perfect kind of wind - not too crazy, not too cold, and not too warm to be appreciated. Cooling in the no-shivers sort of way.

That's how Bellingham is in June. Perfect. The last four or so days have been quite simply heaven on earth. 70s, very few clouds, light breeze... need I say more?

I could live here forever. The summer very much makes it all worth it. This is gearing up to be the best summer of my life. At least since my first summer at Hidden Acres, which was an awesome summer.

People ask me how I feel about being half way done with my masters.

Terrible.

I feel terrible. While I am definitely going to do my very best to get out of here in two years for financial reasons, I wish those two years weren't flying by so fast. I love it here. Bellingham is stealing my heart, and while I'd love to go back to the Midwest for a visit sometime, I love it here. Love. it.

I even don't mind my retail job that shall remain nameless.

Everything's better here.

No comments:

Post a Comment