Thursday, February 3, 2011

following the Light

Because I like bullet points:
  • I'm working on writing a book about my life and the lessons I'm learning. Not because I actually plan on doing anything with it, but because in my interactions with people here I am realizing so many things for which I need an outlet. Maybe someday it'll turn into something - for now I have the distinct feeling that I am too involved in the actual process of living and learning - perspective, and wisdom, is needed.
  • On the subject of writing a book: I'm thinking a lot about the way that Christianity portrays itself. I'm trying to reconcile my people-pleasing ways with the need for truth. I'm trying to figure out when to speak and when to remain silent - when my greatest witness is through my words, when it's through my actions, and when it's through my silence.
  • I'm waiting for spring and the resulting warmth. I'm ready to be able to be in my apartment without wearing gloves, a hat, and several layers. I'm ready to not turn my heat on every few days and then feel horribly anxious about the effect on that month's electricity bill.
  • I love bananas.
  • I rocked my German test yesterday. Amazing what a couple hours of studying will do.
  • I'm loving this opportunity to be a graduate student. I don't know what the future holds, but I do know that the things I am privileged to be able spend my time studying are making me into who God wants me to be. It's hard, but it's necessary. I am trying to keep my eyes focused on God, remembering that all this human confusion and darkness is nothing compared to the Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment