Tuesday, February 22, 2011

running to love

Dearest Savior,

So much of life passes me by with me avoiding You. And then the little things remind me of the hole in my heart that only You can fill. Not nearly often enough I remember all those little reasons I love You, and I mourn the emotional distance that I so carefully cultivate. At the end of the day, none of the mundane little things of life matter if only I can know You more, if only I can be close to You. I kick and I scream, I run the other way, I rationalize my brains out to try to excuse myself from a deep, meaningful relationship with You, and then I remember the deep emotion that is hiding somewhere in my soul.

It's okay that I love You. It's okay that this love is passionate, that this love leaves me useless for all else. It's okay to be swept off my feet by Your love.

I'm so sorry for the ways in which I constantly distance myself from You. I'm sorry that so often I forget that there is freedom in love. I'm sorry for the ways that my pride constantly gets in the way. I'm sorry for wanting to be strong, for wanting to be okay on my own. I'm sorry for all those little ways that I try to prove to You that I am strong, and that I can serve You on my own.

I want to fall in love with You all over again. I want to be worthless for all else but pursuit of Love. I pray for a heart that is malleable and that is capable of loving You in just a fraction of the way that You deserve.

I love You...here's to loving You more each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment