Thursday, March 13, 2014

for hope

Militant opinion often betrays more about the doubts of the militant than the illegitimacy of the target.  We rail against things about which we ourselves face crippling doubt and uncertainty.  We shout about the things that scare us.  

I'm walking into a wide place of hope, and as I walk into the brilliant sun, I lay down my arms.  I don't want to fight anymore.  I just want to live in this place of hope.  

You can't kill my hope.  You can say what you will, believe what you will, do what you will.  And I may disagree entirely, but my hope cannot be killed.

This world goes to hell in a hand basket.  Mistake not my hope for optimism.  In this moment, I am not optimistic.

But my Jesus' kingdom is coming here.  It's coming soon.  Redemption is on the way.  I possess a hope with radical promise.

I look toward the day when the wrongs will be made right.  I will live today for the right, because I believe that His kingdom is on the way.  It's just around the corner.  It's just behind the clouds, peaking through even now as we speak.  

I see the rainbows every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment