Friday, April 12, 2013

the courage of honest inquiry

I am quickly finding that it takes immense amounts of courage to truly study a topic.  It's not hard to gather evidence to support an idea.  What is almost impossibly demanding is to pick a topic in which I have large amounts of vested interest, and then give up bias.  To demand myself to consider all the evidence, even those I secretly consider crazy, this is difficult.

I am going to study as many sides of 1 Timothy 2 as possible.

Am I scared?  Yes.

Am I hoping I'll come to one particular answer?  Yes.

But I must be honest in my inquiry.  I know I'll never be able to entirely cast aside bias, but I'm going to make a concerted effort to do so as much as possible.

I'm trusting God is big enough for my questions, even when I try putting Him in a box and limiting Him in every way possible.

God, my life is Yours.  My heart, my soul, my mind, and my strength; it's all Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment