Tuesday, July 10, 2012

a prayer

Daddy,

The last few years have been absolute craziness.  I feel torn this way and that by the prevailing winds of the moment.  It's hard to know which way to turn or down which path I should walk.  I desire more than anything to find You at the end of the road, but the way is narrow and it is so easy to walk off the path.

I am so thankful that You are bigger than my feeble questions, my confused wanderings.  I'm so glad your grace is enough.  I'm so glad that You love me even when I hide, afraid that to be honest with what I'm thinking might result in being ostracized.

I pray that You will guide me.  May I follow Your voice and Your voice alone.  May I walk honestly and humbly before You.  May I love without reservation.  May I serve with humility.  And may I be a light in the darkness, hope for the hopeless.  May I play just a small part in bringing justice to a marred world.

I thank You that You have freed me from the power of sin, freed me from the law, and enabled me to serve You with my life.  To You I give all that I am.  Although I may be a confused liberal, a blind conservative, a wandering cynic, and an ashamed questioner with no answers, You offer me hope.  In Your Son I find my peace.  To Your Word I look.  Toward You I run, knowing that at the end of all of this, You'll be there.

Marilee

No comments:

Post a Comment