Saturday, February 25, 2012

riding the roller coaster

The last few weeks have been insanity for me.  Absolute, utter, ridiculous insanity.  I've learned so much about myself.  Some good, mostly bad.

It seems I'm a freak of nature; I turn through emotions at a rate that would terrify the girl described in Relient K's "Mood Rings."  And it's not even just emotion.  Mostly it's just varying degrees of fear and varying ideas about how to deal with this fear.

This fear leaves me paralyzed.  The world slows around me and I forget to live in the here and now.  I become obsessed with what ifs.  I forget to trust God.

Sometimes I don't know how to deal with this.  A few nights ago I was at my wit's end.  It was in that moment that I cried out to God (funny, eh?).

He brought me back to Psalm 139.  Now in my moments of panic, I stop and I read Psalm 139:1-7.

And, truly, where can I go from His Spirit?

God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment