Saturday, November 20, 2010

snow and the Geek Squad

It snowed last night. It SNOWED. At least a couple inches. And it's still here. No snow plows. So things are a mess. Not enough of a mess that you can't go places, but enough of a mess to make all these Bellinghamites terrified. I went to Best Buy in a vain attempt to pick up my laptop today, and it took me FOREVER to get there because everyone is terrified. It was funny, and then it just got irritating. In some ways, though, they have the right to be terrified...because all the snow stays on the roads much longer without snow plows.

Speaking of Best Buy...I went to Best Buy today to reclaim my laptop. I got there, and they told me that they got it back from HP but it's not ready yet because they don't have the operating system installed on it... and apparently HP doesn't do this...and apparently I have to call HP and order the stupid operating system CDs...(which will probably cost me money). That's all fine and good, but WHY DIDN'T THEY TELL ME THIS WEEKS AGO? If they would have told me this when I brought my laptop in, or even a week ago when they knew for sure what was wrong, I could have ordered the CDs so that the Geek Squad could fix it pronto when it got back to the store. Of course, now it will be another ridiculously long wait. So much for doing homework over Thanksgiving Break.

Never, ever, EVER trust the Geek Squad.

Other than that, life moves forward. Life is always complicated here at grad school, and rarely easy, but it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment